Hello, my name is Josh. I’m fairly new to the amateur radio hobby compared to many, but I’ve been a radio and technology enthusiast since I was a child. Today I enjoy extra class privileges, operating, and building and systems around my radios. Power, networking, portability. The goal is to follow wherever my interests and the needs of the current situation take me. I’m interested in becoming a capable emergency communication operator who can work effectively for extended periods off grid or under grid down conditions. You’ll find me operating in the shack, in the wilderness, and in the city.Josh, K7JLX
- Estimating power consumption for your equipment
- APRS test from Stone Tower in Montpelier, VT
- Attempting HF QRP operation in NE VT
- Working ISS (01/23/2022)
- Camping in the Tillamook State Forest (1/21-23/2022)
- Working portable from WY
- Bench testing 100Ah battery box improvements
- Using the portable LiFePO4 battery banks in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest
- Exploring the Tillamook State Forest and doing nets
- 100Ah battery box build
- Operating while camping on Mt. Hood 7/31/2021
- Teaser: 100Ah LiFePO4 battery box
- Operating naked on the beach!
- Coping with the heat wave
- Modified Ed Fong roll-up dual band J-pole antenna kit
- Lab599 TX-500 QRP radio kit and friends
- At last! A long distance QRP phone contact!
- Failed contact and a sweet waterfall
- First time working 6m
- Operating from a park for a couple hours
- Mt. Hood National Forest vehicle camping trip and comms
- Car camping for the weekend
- A new CLI utility and daemon for JS8Call!
- Cold weather backpack setup test
- Sunday funday in the Tilamook State Forest
- Successful Portland NET simplex exercise!
- A successful-ish EMCOMM test deployment
- Raspberry Pi document server
- Thinking about off grid / grid down networking and ham radio
- Portable UHF/VHF Winlink host
- A random field day (Jan 16, 2021)
2m 6m 20m 70cm APRS Bad weather Batteries Bioenno Power 100W folding solar panel Buddipole PowerMni Camping Chameleon EMCOMM III Portable Chameleon Mil Whip 2.0 Cold DIY EMCOMM Field station Goal Zero Nomad 20 GPS Grid down HF J-Pole JS8Call Kenwood TM-D710G Kenwood TM-V71 Lab599 TX-500 Mobilinkd TNC3 Not radio related Off grid Par EndFedz EFT-10/20/40 PDX NET Portable Portable operation Power Preparedness QRP Raspberry Pi SMS SMSGTE Solar power Superantenna SWL VHF West Mountain Radio Epic PWRGate Winlink Yaesu FT3DR
You can contact me by e-mail using k7jlx at the domain arrl.net.